Well - we've made it to the second trimester!! I had my 12-week appointment last week, and doc says Baby is continuing to grow strong and healthy! I got to hear the heartbeat again, and she estimated it in the 160's. I go back for my 16-week appointment at the end of October.
I've been feeling better than I did when I last updated. I was taking Zofran every morning before getting out of bed, and it really helped me get a good breakfast down. I still have boughts of "sickness" (I don't really feel the nausea, just like I have a terrible stomach ache), but they are becoming few and far between, thank goodness! The appetite that I lost for about a month is starting to come back, although many foods still sound unappealing. I haven't had too many cravings yet - for a while I was hooked on Dad's pickled okra, but I only had one jar. :(
I still haven't told anyone at work. I'm not really that close to anyone, so I'll probably only tell them when I have to. I'm starting to get a little thicker through the middle, though, so I'm sure I'll have to tell in the next few weeks (although I think Ant and I are the only ones who really notice). I bought a cute little comfy dress this weekend and when I put it on yesterday morning, Ant said it definitely made me look pg! Either that or I ate way too much birthday cake last week (ha ha! he didn't really say that!). So, cute little comfy dress will have to wait a few weeks. Until then, I'll continue going to work in my unbuttoned pants and keep carrying things in front of me as not to draw attention to my middle! I have already gotten about a week's worth of use out of my bella band (keeps my unbottoned pants in place). Hopefully I can get a lot more use out of it and not have to buy too many new pants. God knows how hard a time I have finding long work pants - I'm sure finding long maternity work pants that fit into my budget will be nearly impossible!
1 comment:
I am so glad things are going well. I know the sickness is not fun but the good thing about expecting is things are always changing. It is next to impossible to find long maternity pants...I found some at the beginning but they were almost $300!! Try Ann Taylor Loft...the one in Southlake carries maternity and I found some black pants for work that were long enough. The regular maternity ones were about 6 inches too short for me. I have had to wear a lot of dresses ;)
Post a Comment