*Pictures to come later this week!*
Friday night we headed south to Ant's parents. Saturday morning we hung out with our awesome nieces, went on a 4-mile walk! and Ant got to work on the old truck with his dad. We had a wedding to go to that afternoon and as I was coming downstairs with my dress, shoes and flat iron (we were all just about ready to go), I tripped and broke my foot! I had my hands full, so I wasn't looking where I was going. I thought I was about to take a step on to the landing, so I put all my weight on my right foot - trouble is, I still had one step to go. The back of my heel caught the edge of the step, and my foot pointed down and I fell right on it. I iced it for a while and tried to continue getting ready, but when it started to swell up and my toes turned purple, we decided to head to the ER. We sat in the ER for three and a half hours before finding out that I broke the medial cuneiform (a small square bone at the base of the metatarsal i.e. long bone). It's nice to have a physical therapist for a husband in that situation! He knew exactly what the doctors and nurses were talking about and even rewrapped my foot when the nurse did it incorrectly! :) They put me in a splint and told me to follow up with a specialist at home.
Sunday we sat around and I did a whole lot of nothing. Ant and the girls carved pumpkins and later that evening, we celebrated Katherine Nicole's 10th birthday. I remember the first time I went to Ant's house in high school - she was just a baby in her carrier! :( She's growing up way too fast!
Monday afternoon I went to see an orthopedic doctor and he put me in a boot and told me to stay on my crutches for 6 weeks. No fun. He could see a small fracture, but he thinks there may also be ligament damage. He wants to do a weight-bearing x-ray, but he wants to wait until I'm 20 weeks to do any more x-rays. Tuesday morning, I followed up with my OB. Since I basically sat down on my foot (I didn't hit anything else or having any bruising, cramping or anything else), my doctor said everything would be fine but that I could come in to get checked out for reassurance. Of course I opted to go in, and they did another ultrasound! The heartbeat was 157, and s/he was moving all around! It had its legs bent up and crossed, then it stretched one leg all the way out! At one point, it had it's arm up by its head and was tapping its head with its hand! I also got to see a one centimeter-long foot, and the face, which is still forming. The eye sockets are still big and sunken, but it was so amazing! The pics didn't turn out near as clear as the monitor was, but I'll have to scan them in and post them later!
No comments:
Post a Comment