Thursday, April 7, 2011

Opening Day at the Ballpark

If you know us, you know we're HUGE Ranger's fans. Anthony has been his whole life. I married into it when we started dating 12 years ago. In all those years, we've never been able to go to an opening day game. For most of the years, the Rangers were on the road for opening week. The past few years, it's either been work, being induced a few days after opening day or the fact that we just couldn't get tickets. Well, this year was different.

I was able to score tickets as a bonus with our multi-game pack before they sold out and had to implement the ticket lottery. We were so excited and looked forward to this date for months!!!

We got to the stadium at 9:30 am in hopes of parking and waiting for autographs at the tunnel, but unfortunately, the lots didn't open until 10 and there were already long lines! By the time we got parked and settled, we headed over to the tunnel to get a few autographs. We saw Josh drive by in his big pickup truck, Feliz and Ogando (I think), George W with his motorcycle escort, JD and then CJ pulled up in his Batmobile (Ferrari) and actually stopped and signed for everyone there. We were surprised (and impressed) that the starting pitcher would do that for the fans. And yes, he is pretty cute up close, too. ;)

We then went and "tailgated," with our 3 little chairs and our little grill. I felt a little out of place with all the tailgating pro's and their washers and tents and grills that they brought in trailers... but we still had a really fun time.




Someone wouldn't nap in the car after lunch, so we made our way into the stadium and enjoyed watching one heck of a ball game. Our little fan was actually really good during the game. :)

Making new friends

And deciding she'd rather sit by the new friends than Mommy & Daddy



Looking like a pro during pre-game

Raising the AL CHAMPIONS flag!!


I fully expected her to crash in our laps, but I guess there was just too much excitement. She was awake the entire time we were walking out down the ramps at the stadium, but once we stepped foot outside, she was out.

It was an exciting and fun day, and I'm pretty sure we will not miss another opening day (if we can help it) in the years to come. Here's to hoping this becomes an annual tradition with our little family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun day! I love the picture of her crashed in the baby bjorn:)