We'll be holding our sweet baby girl.
I went to the hematologist and my OB on Tuesday and found out that my platelet levels had dropped quite a bit over the last week. This led my hematologist to believe that my condition is not pregnancy induced, so if I have it, the baby girl could possibly have the same condition. Because a natural birth would cause some bruising and possible swelling on her head, they highly discouraged it and wanted to schedule me for a c-section. Because my platelets have been dropping so quickly the last few weeks, they want to schedule the c-section next week. The longer we wait, the riskier birth will be for both the baby and for me. Soooo, the little girl will make her debut on 4/1/09!
Anthony and I are both incredibly excited and cannot wait to meet our daughter!
9 comments:
We cannot wait either, Amanda!
(Did anyone guess April 1 at the shower? ;)
We love you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
<3
Chelsea (and the Kindred girls)
How EXCITING! What are you going to do with an April Fool's baby? Hope baby doesn't turn out to be a BOY...he better be a pretty boy with all those PINK clothes. Keep us all posted. We will be thinking of you!
Good luck, it sounds like you are in good hands with cautious doctors. Enjoy this last week and rest as much as you can.
can't wait!!
Congratulations!!! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!! I'm sure that everything will go just great and I know you guys will be so excited when she arrives!!! Good luck and I'll watch for more updates!!
How exciting that she will be here next week!
Congratulations and Good Luck! You have very exciting times headed your way. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you deliver next week. I can't wait to see pictures of Baby Rodriguez and hear her name:)
How wonderful!!!!! Do you need anything? I have lots of NB diapers and clothes that miss A can't wear :)
Oh, how fun! 4/1 was actually our due date.
Just a little tip, take a bag of home baked goodies for your nurses, and you'll be feeling the love! :-)
Post a Comment