After our class we went shopping! We stopped by the Dump to check out recliners and rockers. I'm not sure our glider will work because the manufacturer doesn't make cushions to fit their solid wood gliders. Plus, it would probably cost just as much to have custom cushions made. I've also been wanting a particular closet rod expander thing that I swear I saw in the Ikea catalog a year or so ago... Since then I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find one! Finally, the Container Store to the rescue!

We had dinner and then had to do some baby shopping!! We picked up a few little outfits and hats for the baby girl. Can't wait to see her in them!
Day two of childbirth class was much more informative. We talked to an anesthesiologist for a long time. If you know me, you know I'm not so fond of needles or blood or hospitals (I vividly remember nearly fainting in Mrs. Courtney's 5th grade class when we went to sing Christmas carols at the Meridian Manor/clinic). Anyway, I've gotten pretty good at the blood thing since I have to donate my platelets for a check nearly every other doctors visit, but that 2 foot long epidural needle was pretty disturbing. I know people have them all the time, but it seriously scares me. I also have read a lot about epidurals slowing down progression during labor, especially if you had to be induced. Needless to say, I had a lot of questions for Dr. Anesthesiologist. I think I came out of the dicussion a lot more confident in myself that I can have this baby without needles or drugs or intervention if I want to. Of course, that can always change ;) but for now I'm excited about my decision. I did find out though, that if my platelets drop at all, I may not have the option to have an epidural, and if I up needing a c-section with a lower platelet count, they may have to put me under general anesthesia (i.e. I won't be awake). Please say a little prayer that we don't have to resort to that option. Finally, we went on a tour of the L&D floor and found out all the basics of when and where to check in, where we'll be staying, etc. We saw a tiny brand new baby in the nursery, and we couldn't believe that in just a few short weeks we'll be holding our own tiny brand new baby!! :)
We are so excited and cannot wait to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment