Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brownie Points for Me!

Several weeks ago the Rangers kicked off their promotional "Rangers Round Up" tour. We, of course, were at the first event! We went to a town hall meeting in Grapevine a couple of Fridays ago to listen to several of the players and coaches speak, then we got some autographs. Oh, and we were even on the news (but we didn't see it! ha ha!)! The next morning, we headed out to Mesquite bright and early for another autograph session! Here's our collection so far. There are a couple of duplicates, but you never know when you're going to need an extra Ian Kinsler or Chris Davis autographed ball...

Last Thursday was the big one. Josh Hamilton -- and my favorite, one of the announcers Tom Grieve, were scheduled to be at a town hall meeting in Arlington at 6:30. I high tailed it down there after work to try to get some autographs for the hubby (who had to work till 7), but when I got there over an hour early, I had to go stand in the back with all the other non-autograph getters. Apparently you had to get there by noon to get a pass to get autographs. Yep, they handed out passes to the first several hundred because of Hamilton. I put my name in the fishbowl for the few prizes they give out and stuck around to hear the guys talk. Needless to say, I walked out with this prize...

Go me. :)

No comments: