Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Guess What?!?!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Woo-hoo!!!! It's finally our turn, and we are absolutely thrilled!! Our due date is April 14, 2009 (my dad's 53rd birthday!).

We found out about four weeks ago and have already had two doctors appointments. Yesterday we got to see our little blob and hear the heartbeat! The doc says baby is right on target and that everything looks great. I felt great the first few weeks (starving all the time, but great!) but the past few have been kinda, eh. I'm not experiencing a lot of nausea, I just feel tired and like I have a constant stomach bug. It's all good, though. My doc has me on some different medications and has instructed me to eat, eat, eat! I suppose I can handle that.

I already have a lot of pictures and stories to upload about how we told our parents and family. I also need to upload the sonogram pics, but unfortunately, being absolutely exhausted, traveling to the middle of nowhere in Montana, working overtime for a big arbitration and grad school have gotten the best of me. I'll do my very best to upload everything sometime this weekend. In the mean time, I've already been asked these questions about a million times, so I'll save you the time... ;)

1. Yes, this baby was planned. We were very fortunate to get pregnant very soon after deciding to do so.
2. Yes, we will find out the sex. My doc only does two sonograms (unless complications arise), so you'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving to find out. Maybe we'll make everyone wait to find out till Christmas...
3. No, we don't want one particular sex over the other. All we want is a happy, healthy baby!
4. Yes, I'll go back to work after the baby is born. While I'd love to stay home to raise our child, I still want to finish my MBA and get real world business work experience.
5. No, we don't have any names picked out yet!

Any advice, tips, recommendations, etc. are welcome! I don't really feel pregnant, so I haven't had any freak out moments quite yet. So, if you've been through this whole pregnancy/parenthood thing before, I'll probably be calling on you sometime soon! Thank you all for your love and support!

9 comments:

Meg said...

Congratulations! Shelby's due date was April 13 (2005) It is an awesome stretch of year to be pregnant in! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, that is awesome!!! I have done the pregnancy thing....twice...in roll!!!!! I was WAY sick with both of mine though!! I told Leigha the same thing....I will be here anytime you need an answer to a question!!!

Brian and Michelle said...

Congrats friends! We are so happy for you!

~Michelle and Brian A.

Unknown said...

OMG. that is so freakin awesome. I really feel like we should get pregnant now. lol I can't believe that because now it feels like it is for real because we (Rodriguez and Anderson families started at the same time. lol We will be praying for you guys and keep us updated.

b

Anonymous said...

Congratulations A & A from the Orbeck Family in Georgia, we are excited to hear that Baby Rodriguez is on the way.
Beth is an expert in all the different kinds of ice cream that you will be craving Amanda, but I would guess that Blue Bell will be the preferred flavor. Both Natalie and Lindsey have all the Edy's flavors flowing in their blood. Also, April is a great month for birthdays. Keep us updated.

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm due April 1st, so we're very close. I just rounded the corner last week out of nausea and pure exhaustion! The second trimester and labor and delivery are my favorite parts of the whole thing. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat preggers...it's a very exciting time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations that's so exciting!

Sushi & Chocolate said...

CONGRATS!!! I am very happy for you both! :)

Whitney Bownds said...

congratulations.. that's wonderful.. so happy for you guys!!