Friday, September 30, 2011

Like Old Times

Last month, we did something we haven't done in almost 5 years...saw the entire Cannon family in one place! Our cousins organized a birthday party for Uncle Mike, whom I also haven't seen in forever, at his gorgeous new house. We had a great afternoon of visiting, eating and watching the newest generation of "Cannon" kids run around playing with each other. I feel like I didn't really catch up enough with everyone there, but it still just felt right to be there with everyone. Just like old times...

All the Cannon kids (or, at least, Cannons at heart!)
Tyler didn't get the "wear a shade of pink" memo. ;)

All of us and all of our kids with Papaw.

Sweet cousins sneaking off to the side of the house blowing bubbles. And pouring out the bubbles. And then stepping in the bubbles and giggling at how much fun it is to jump on wet concrete. ;) Love these girls.

Playing doctor.

These girls know what the power chair is really for...




And again with the bubble blowing!

Byron spent the entire day trying to coax the sweet girl into letting him hold her. Of course, at first she wouldn't even look at him, but by the end of the day, he had her charmed.
"Um, not too close, Mister."

Moving on in...

Uh huh.

I bet his two girls aren't Daddy's girls at all. ;)

My little brother and sister

And giving cousin C a goodbye kiss. She's going to be such a sweet big sister. :)


And of course, at the end of the day, I didn't even get any pictures of Dad & his brothers. Guess we'll just have to plan another party here really soon. I sure do miss all of you Cannons!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Family time is the best! Looks like y'all had some fun =)

The Gray Family said...

I just love love love all your pictures! laughed and cried! It was good to get together and I'm so glad you got a post up of it cause heaven knows I'm about a year behind! Love ya!