Monday, November 22, 2010

Chatty Madie

This weekend, the kiddo pretty much copied and said every word I asked her say, even vacuum! Well, it sounded more like ma-cuum, but I know what she meant. ;)

She is very chatty at home, and at 19 months, these are a few words we hear a lot of nowadays.

Book = buut (like book, but with a "t")
Her teddy bear = bo-eeee
All done, Mommy! (while putting her fork and cup on her plate and handing it to me)
Milk = Maak
Get down = dit down (she climbs on the fireplace, coffee table, etc. and then tells herself to "dit-down." I guess she's heard that a time or two...)
Cookie = cooo-kie
Thank you = ta-too
Mommy = Mommeeee
Daddy = Dadeeee
Fork = foowt
Corn = coown
Broccoli = bokali
Paci = pati

This weekend when we went to Walmart to do our usual weekend grocery shopping, she saw a basket of Elmo toys on sale. She pointed at them to get my attention, and when I asked her who that was (we don't watch much tv with her, so I didn't expect her to answer), she flat out said, "Eh-mo?" So we left the store with a new Elmo book and the dvr is now set to record Sesame Street. :)

This weekend she also started combining words with Mommy at the end. I heard "hi, Mommy," "bye-bye, Mommy," "all done, Mommy," "ta-too, Mommy," etc. I love watching her learning process, and it's so awesome to hear that sweet little voice putting together her words and thoughts!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bird said...

so sweet!