Waves crashing for as far as I could see (and hear) in both directions
Eating my dinner hot, and before cutting up other little dinners
Ziplining through the mountains
A massage, and a free one, at that, because of a room mix up upon check in
Parasailing
Endless Boca Sunrises
French toast for breakfast 4 mornings in a row
Sushi, yes, Dominican sushi
Skype
Naps nearly every afternoon
Hot tub on the patio
No work
Coming home to my girl
Things I didn't love about vacation
Too many toddlers and babies strolling around the resort while I was really missing mine
Splotchy sunburn on day 2 and subsequent $17 bottle of (non-spray) sunblock lotion
Getting a week-long stomach bug/bacterial infection while we were there, even though we didn't drink the water - yes, both of us
Dudes in speedos and way more saggy boobs than I ever wanted to see in my entire life
Getting stuck and spending the night in the MIA airport on the way home
No Double X ;)
But we did have a pretty good time. Here's proof (in way too many pictures).
Day one, after the rain

Day two, on our way to splotchy sunburns
View from first room
Thank goodness for skype
:)
Geared up for ziplining through the mountains. Splotchy legs and all.
This is when I started to freak out. See that little dot in the lower left of the center of the picture? Yeah, that's a person.
But it wasn't bad at all.
Freaking hot and hard to breathe...
but fun!
We flew faster on the other cables than in this video. This was the 911 foot one, I think - the longest one there. We came in pretty slow at the end of this one!
We survived!!
On the way back, our guide picked a cocoa fruit, and this is the seed, the cocoa "bean." The outside tastes sweet, like a fruit. The inside is roasted and something. All I really remember him saying was that goes through some process and magically becomes chocolate.
Some of the typical houses along the road. :(
View looking out of the balcony of second room
Looking around the corner of our balcony to our patio!
Storms rolling in

Are we on the set of Lost?
We saw quite a few weddings take place. Andrea, Justin, Jason...who's next? We highly recommend a beach wedding and will happily attend.
This sign was a blast from the past (remember the Bob Barker sign)
Parasailing!
Make sure to dip the gringos in before we take off!
Holy schnikies we were high. And apparently about to be struck by lightening (it wasn't that dark, as far as I remember)
The pool was lovely, as were the drinks. :)
It spanned the entire length of the resort
The resort grounds were really nice
We thought these trees were pretty neat
My handsome hubby and me
I wanted to practice my shooting at night skills on the funny looking statue guys
I think this was the one night we stayed up past ten pm!
Sushi on the patio
I really loved this place
By day six, someone was a little tired of the self portraits...
Goodbye paradise. You were pretty awesome.
3 comments:
That does look like the set of Lost!!
ahhhhh, the beach....it looks awesome. i'm sure you're happy to be home to maddie though:)
pretty pictures!
Post a Comment