Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Little Stinker

She now climbs (or at least tries to) on everything. Last week we were lounging around before her bedtime - I was sitting on the couch and Anthony was lying in the floor by the fireplace. In an instant, I watched as she propped her knee up on the hearth and just pulled herself right up. I literally didn't even have time to tell Anthony to grab her. All I was able to get out was, "Ant...she's on the hearth..." Of course, we had to snap a cell phone picture while telling her no. :) Since then, she's gone back and climbed and tried to climb up there several more times.


(yes, I still have up birthday decorations -- 2 1/2 months later...)

She also tries to climb in the windowsills, on the legs of her walker toys, on the side of the tub before she gets in. She's always trying to get up and over whatever is in her path.

Another funny thing she did last week was figure out her rocking chair. She'll climb up, turn around, get situated and then rock herself. And then try to stand up, of course. I have a video I need to post of her doing this the night after she figured it out, and she was so proud of herself!

This stage is a lot of fun, but she is definitely keeping us on our toes. But we wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. She is SO much fun!!!

No comments: