Often nowadays, I wish I could go back in time to all those past Christmases. No, not just because of the cool toys, but because I cherish the time we spent with our family. We were so lucky to live 1/4 mile from one set of grandparents and about 10 miles from the other. Even if Madelyn can't live as close to her grandparents as I did, I hope that she grows up with such fond memories of her family and her childhood, especially around Christmas.
As it's no surprise, this Christmas was by far, the most amazing Christmas Anthony & I have experienced in our 11 Christmases together. Even though we've been married for 5 years, we finally have our own family. We received the most beautiful, perfect gift this year, and it was so exciting to see her experience her first Christmas surrounded by family (yes, we had 3 "rounds" of Christmases in addition to our own little Christmas). While we were able to spend time with all of our parents and siblings this year, I was really looking forward to our own first little "family of 3" Christmas.
Anthony & I both had Christmas Eve off this year, so we got up and did some last minutes shopping at the mall. I got a text from Mom around lunch asking if it was snowing. I highly doubted we'd see snow, but when we finally made it out of the mall a while later, it was snowing!! It was melting as soon as it hit the ground, but it was exciting to see, nonetheless. Little did we know it would continue snowing and get colder all day long. By nightfall, we had several inches of the pretty white stuff on our lawn. We spent the rest of the day and evening relaxing, wrapping the last minute gifts and enjoying our family time. We braved the icy roads and were able to make it to the 10 pm mass.
On Christmas morning, we awoke to see that Santa had made a stop at our house, even though we forgot to set out cookies and milk! Well, Santa actually put Madelyn's presents together in front of her Christmas morning. I guess he was too busy relaxing the day before! ;) She receieved a new wagon, an activity table and a pretty new purple jacket! She LOVED the wagon, if you can't tell from these pictures...
What about these other presents, Mom?
We got all bundled up and went outside for a few minutes to snap some pics. She wasn't too sure about the snow this time around.
Our first family Christmas was magical. It was amazing. It was simply perfect.
2 comments:
I need a tissue!
Any time I go from Clifton to Meridian in the dark I feel like I should be searching for Santa. I can't crack a nut without thinking about our stockings either!
Post a Comment