Sunday, September 27, 2009

Labor Day Fun

For Labor Day weekend we headed south to Ralph & Kathy's house. We originally planned to make our annual trip to Ziegfest at Lake Bryan, but none of our regular crew could make it with us. Rather than spend all that money in tickets and parking (okay, and beer), we decided to just hang out with our sweet girl and the rest of the family instead.

We had a GREAT weekend enjoying the simple things. We spent a lot of time out on the front porch. We watched and tried to photograph the hummingbirds. We watched the girls play at the "park" (Kaylie speak for the swing set in the back yard). We played with playdough on the picnic table. We cooked. We sat on the back porch. We went to church and had lunch with good friends. We watched the boys and Katherine play catch. We stayed in our pj's entirely too long. We took pictures. We took lots of pictures...

Saturday. First order of business? Playtime!


I can't believe this kid is growing up!

"Take my picture!" = what I heard all weekend from this little ham.

Hanging out with Crapaw (Kaylie accidentally came up with this, and it stuck. For all of us.)


We spent a lot of time out on the front porch. Oh, how I miss having (and spending lots of time on) a front porch with a swing (just a swangin!).




And now, more pictures of the little ham of the family. aka Kaylie Bug. The girly girl who loves having her picture taken. All. the. time. But who can resist this face?!


Take my picture!!!

"Wait, let me go get a dead tree branch because that will make the picture so much better!" This pic totally reminds me of Justin! ;)

And then, when she thought we weren't looking...


Our little family (and her 4th of July outfit finally fits!).

Our other sweet girl!

Sweet girls. Madelyn's a lucky girl to have two wonderful cousins!

Someone decided to try to sit up on her own this weekend!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Great pics! Madie looks just like you in most of these. Crapaw...Too dang funny! I'm cracking up right now about that.

Andrea said...

Oh and glad to see Zoe got some pictures taken of her. I think she needs to come hang out with me sometime.

The Gray Family said...

ADORIBLE! I really like your idea of staying in your PJ's WAY too long and a front porch swing...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Andrea..."Crapaw" is too dang funny!