This past month has been so much fun. Madelyn has really shown her personality and has become very interactive with us. She started "talking" and using her voice a lot more, and she also gave us her first little giggles! She is getting much better at tummy time (even though she still does not love it...). Because we don't get as much tummy time in as we need, she sits in her bumbo seat quite often. She loves to just hang out with us in the kitchen at night or in the bathroom in the mornings. She has also taken to her pacifiers a lot more this month. Thankfully she's more interested in the clear ones instead of the big 'ole green soothie that we were using! She still loves her bouncer and playmat, and she's finally reaching for and grabbing her toys. She's also started grabbing my arm and my hands during diaper changes. Oh, and the feet! She finally discovered her feet and toes and can't stop grabbing them! This is actually quite helpful during diaper changes because she will grab her toes and hold her bottom up when I'm cleaning her, then when I put on the new diaper, she straightens out and locks her knees so I can fasten it! It is too funny to watch! She also loves to look in the mirror now. I'm sure she doesn't recognize herself, but she definitely knows Mommy & Daddy. She always give us the biggest grins when she sees us in the mirror. She also LOVES it when we sing to her (although I've heard several complaints from recent houseguests). Ant & I have made up many, many songs to the tunes that play on her bouncer and car mirror and swing and every other little gadget that makes noise in our house. She is constantly mimicking us when we're singing or talking. The most exciting milestone this month, though, is that we're consistently sleeping through the night! Mom & Dad are super excited about this one!
At our 4-month appointment, the doctor was impressed and said she was very vocal for a 4 month old (the "talking," not the crying!). He said she is growing right on target and everything looks great! We got the go-ahead to start her on rice cereal (pics to come!), and we'll start her on vegetables next month! Where has the time gone?! And although she is a drool machine and always has a finger, fist or entire hand in her mouth, her doctor thinks it's going to be a while before we see any teeth.
At 4 months, our girl weighed 13 pounds 2.5 ounces (45th percentile), was 25 1/4 inches long (85th percentile), and had a head circumference of 41 centimeters (50th percentile).
Our long-legged Madie Kate at 4 months
My smiley face :)
More big grins. She seriously smiles all. the. time.
"Okay Mom, enough smiles. I'm just going to chill out here until you stop..."
Couldn't resist a pic in her matching baby legs!
My two 13-pounders
1 comment:
I finally just read all the stuff you wrote. I didn't complain about your singing. I just said it woke me up and you should try out for American Idol. Ha ha. You can sing better than me, thats for sure!
Post a Comment