Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Year Ago

Funny how much one's life can change in just one short year.

One year ago today, Anthony & I were on cloud nine. No one knew but us. What we had hoped and dreamed for was going to come true. I didn't think we could be any happier or that life could possibly get any better.

But we are, and it did.

Today, we are on cloud nine, plus one. Little did I know one year ago that this little miracle would end up being the sweetest, most beautiful, most perfect little person we'd ever meet. Little did I know how much we would do for her, how much we would give for her, or how much we could possibly love her.

I've been saying it a lot lately, but I smiled when I read my journal entry from one year ago. "I am so blessed (and so freaking excited!!!)." One year ago today was one of the very best days of my life.

3 comments:

The Hillger's said...

that made me cry... i know exactly how you feel now! it is truly amazing!

Alicia said...

It is so exciting! Ryan and I also have known for quite some time and just recently shared too. Can't wait for this time next year to have our little one feeling all the emotions you are experiencing!

Shannon Grissett said...

Well thanks for making me boo hoo at work! I hope someday I feel that same way!!