Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekend Road Trip!

Last weekend we hit the road for Kansas City with the little one in tow. We left our house around 6:45 am and pulled into the hotel parking garage at 4:00 pm. Madelyn did great in the car - we pulled over several times to change and feed her and let her stretch out, but while we were driving, she was either happily looking around or konked out!

After we checked into the hotel and rested a bit, we headed out to Kauffman Stadium to catch a Royals game. This was Madelyn's very first baseball game, and she even got a "my first Royals game" certificate at the stadium!! She was not happy at first in her baby bjorn, but after we changed her and got settled in our seats she was perfect!! I guess she already feels at home at the ballpark! We had really great seats (in the shade!), and the weather was awesome! Everyone around us oooh'd and awww'd over our little cutie, of course, and we made it all the way to the 9th inning. We decided to try to beat the rush, and we also didn't think she'd like the fireworks show they had planned...

KC has a really beautiful stadium.


My first game!!

Just hanging out!

The family

This one is for Andrea. They played Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places." Couldn't resist a picture of the yo-asis line...

Daddy and his future softball star in front of the stadium during the fireworks show

3 comments:

Jana said...

That's awesome! Have I told you that the Royals' manager, Trey Hillman, is Daren's uncle? He's actually his godfather but we call him Uncle Trey. :)

Andrea said...

Gee thanks for taking that picture...I still think the song is better when I sing it my way. Ha ha. I crack up every time I think about that night! Oh yeah and the dash hound too!

Jamie said...

How cool that you guys got to go to the Royals game and that she went to her first game so early on! That's great!