GIRL! We are absolutely thrilled! We both have had a gut feeling that it was a girl for some time, though, but it's so great to finally know! I guess it makes it even that much more real being able to call her "she!"
At our appointment, they also took all of our baby girl's measurements and looked at all of her organs. My doctor says everything looks great, and she is right on target with her growth. Right now she weighs 9 ounces! During the u/s, she was wiggling all over the place. She started with one leg up above her head, then wiggled and jumped around a few times before hiding her face with her arms. Then she started "talking," moving her mouth. It was so awesome to see her moving around in there! We have a few pictures from our ultrasound, but as usual, I haven't scanned them in. I'll have to do that Sunday when I have a few free minutes. We also got a dvd this time, but the video doesn't really work. It's only a few seconds per clip, and it runs super slow. I guess I'll have to take my own camera next time.
I actually lost a pound in the last 4 weeks, so the doctor wants me to eat more. I don't know how that's possible - I already eat everything and eat all day long! The placenta is also a little low at this point. My doc said there is a good chance it will move up as I get bigger, but we'll have to have another ultrasound (yea!) around 30 weeks.
I guess my belly is starting to finally round out a little. A lady at work came up to me and asked yesterday. She said she wouldn't have noticed (or asked) if she didn't know me, so I guess that means I still don't really look pregnant yet! I still haven't felt any definite movement, but my doctor said that's perfectly normal. She expects that I'll feel something within the next 2-3 weeks. I am looking forward to it (well, minus the hard kicks and jabs toward the end!!). :)
On another note, we ordered our baby girl's bedding this week! We've been eyeing this particular set since we found out we were pregnant, but we were wary to order it before we knew the sex because it looked a little girly to us (even though we found it in the boy section!). Since it is from the boy section, I'll tell you it's definitely NOT pink or frilly. That's so not our style! I'll take pictures and post when it comes in.
And finally, I'm sad to report no one took a guess for bonus points on my last post. If you know us, you should know that my little quote is from the dot race at the Ballpark in Arlington!! Somebody (or bodies) could use some baseball!
2 comments:
Yea!!!! Little girls are wonderful!!!! Congrats!
Hooray! Little girls are so great (granted Ruby is barely 8 weeks old)! I'm so happy for you guys, you will love her more than you will even know (cliche, but so true). Oh - and don't forget, little one's don't need a ticket to a Ranger game until they are a certain height (I can't find it right now) so plan on taking your daughter. Yay baseball!
Post a Comment