
I know my days of "lay with me, Mama, just for one minute" are numbered, so I soak it up while I can. And I indulge her, because I'm selfish and am really just trying to hold on, relish in and remember these sweet moments. She can be a typical, hair raising toddler when she's awake sometimes, but when she sleeps, all I see is an angel.

Someday this tiny little baby will be a big grown up teenager, and he won't need me like he does now. I love each and every new stage of growth, but I already miss that tiny little newborn. It's bittersweet, really. So tomorrow morning when he becomes restless in his sleep, I'll scoop him up into our bed and watch the rise and fall of his little body. I'll soak up his smell. I'll melt, once again, when I see that big smile as he wakes.

I feel so lucky to be their mother.
2 comments:
Aw this post is SO sweet! And exactly what I needed to read after a 2 hour bedtime battle with a teething baby. I love all the precious sleeping pictures!
So sweet. Made me tear up a little.
Post a Comment