Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bargain Hunter

A few weekends ago, I volunteered at a local consignment sale. Because I volunteered a prime shift, I was allowed to go shopping at the presale, before the general public and many other volunteers. The night before, I was wondering what I had gotten myself into, but I ended up having a good time meeting other new moms (& dads!) and learning the tricks of consignment shopping.

I ended up spending $100, which was my self-imposed limit, and I got everything on my list and more!

I found an outdoor swing, a portable booster seat to take to the grandparents, blocks in a wagon, 3 pairs of super cute shoes, sun hat, rangers cap (that doesn't fit her gigantic head, boo), a picture frame, an orange decorative star for her bathroom, a walk through metal gate with an extension...

and clothes! I kind of cried a little on the inside when I realized I was looking at 12 month clothes and needed to shop in the 18 month section. I found her a white eyelet dress, pink capri/tank set, floral top, floral halter top, cute gingham summer top, a swimsuit cover up, khaki capris, denim capris and two pairs of blue jeans. Pretty much all the clothes were brand name and in great shape.


I'm pretty certain that this consignment sale volunteering/shopping will become a regular thing for me. I am a bargain hunter anyway, so this was the perfect shopping trip for me!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay for the little booster seat. No more feeding her in the corner of the couch, lol.

The Hillger's said...

awesome!

The Gray Family said...

GOOD JOB!!!! I LOVE consignment stores!