Thursday, July 16, 2009

3:46 am

That's when this video was taken on 7/14. She's pretty much always this happy when I go in to get her (after she cries/makes noise to wake us up, of course), even at 3:46 in the morning.


Last night was different, though. We have been really bad lately about letting her fall asleep in her swing. Then we fall asleep on the couch. We all finally go to bed after she does her middle-of-the-night feeding and diaper change around 2-3 am. Last night, though, we got back into the routine of playtime, bath, feeding, bedtime (in the crib!). She was down by 9 pm, and I didn't hear a peep out of her until 4 am. I went in expecting to do the usual diaper change and feeding, but she still had her eyes closed. She took her paci and immediately stopped fussing. She kept wiggling and kicking, though, so I decided I better change the diaper. I knew she'd wake up hungry during the diaper change - wrong! I put her back into her crib, she did a few arm jerks (when she's starting to relax, her arms slowly drop to the mattress and it scares her so she jerks/jumps - it's pretty funny!), and within a minute or two she was back into her deep sleep. She finally woke back up at 6 am and was ready to eat, happy as can be! So, we technically didn't make it through the night, but we are definitely making progress. I don't hate getting up during the night - I'm used to it now, but I also don't remember what it's like to get a full night's sleep either! It's been quite some time since that's happened, seeing that I was up several times during the night for the last several months of my pregnancy, too!

4 comments:

S. Brook Bell said...

She is so cute! and sleeping well....I still get up in the middle of the night and Miss A is sound asleep :)

Jana said...

She is definitely one of the happiest babies ever! I noticed you always ask her to see her smiley face. Baleigh's cue was "Where's your pretty smile" and she would grin like that. lol
Does she go right back to sleep after grinning and wiggling like that? If Baleigh had interacted that much, she would have been up several hours!

The Gray Family said...

If I had turned on a light other than the night light when Baylee was that age, I'd have been up the rest of the night with a baby that wanted to play! Way to go for you though... getting her almost all the way thru the night at 3 months! It was 12.5 months before Baylee slept all the way thru the night!

Anonymous said...

So cute....those smiles have to make getting up in the middle of the night worth it:)