And because I know you can't wait another minute, here are a few more pics of our beautiful girl. :)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
One Week Old
This week Madie Kate went in for her one-week check up. When we left the hostpital, she had gone down to 7 lbs 4 oz (from 7 lb 11 oz), but at her 1-week check, she was back up to 7 lb, 8.5 oz. Her pedi said she is eating very well and her weight gain is right on target. He expects that she'll be back up to birth weight by today. They also measured her length, which was off from what the hospital told us...at her initial assessment on Monday she was 21 inches - on Wednesday they had her at 21 1/4 inches (hospital measured her at 19 just a few days prior). That puts her in the 90th percentile! I know it doesn't really mean anything now, but hope that she keeps growing tall like her Momma!! Her eyes are still a gray/blue-ish color, and I'm told that it can be quite some time before we know what her real eye color will be. It will be wild if she does end up with blue eyes - we were totally expecting a brown haired, dark brown eyed baby!
And because I know you can't wait another minute, here are a few more pics of our beautiful girl. :)





And because I know you can't wait another minute, here are a few more pics of our beautiful girl. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She's beautiful!
I can't wait to come back up there!!
She's absolutely beautiful! :) I know exactly what you mean about expecting a dark haired, brown eyed baby girl. Baleigh was born with tons of black hair and I assumed her eyes would turn brown. Now her hair's almost blonde and her eyes are still blue at 16 months old!
My favorite picture is her little scrunched up face with the pink hat on. Soooo cute! Congratulations again to all of you!
Absolutely Adorable!
What a cutie!!!
She is GORGEOUS. Congratulations, and welcome to the journey! :)
Post a Comment