My mom gave me a daughter's inspirational calendar a long time ago, and I still use it at my desk every day (it just has the dates so I can reuse it every year!). Even though I've read all of the quotes, they impact me differently every time I read them. Yesterday's quote was "A mother and father's goals for their daughter are to provide her with love, security, comfort, and encouragement, as well as the opportuniites they never had."
When I read this quote, I believe it applies to all children - not just daughters. Anthony and I really lucked out in the parent department. They raised us to be honest, simple, hardworking, good people, and I am thankful every day for that. They also encouraged us to go and do bigger and better. Now that we've bought a house and are settling into the 'burb life, I realize that we're living the American dream - minus the 2.5 children, of course! We are taking very different paths than did our parents, albeit not better paths, just different. Our path is leading us toward opportunities our parents never had, and the most important thing we have to guide us along our path is our parents' encouragement and support.
So thanks Mom and Dad and Mom and Dad! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment