This weekend we enjoyed some awesome shorts & tee-shirt weather!! We tried to spend every minute we could outside in the wonderful 70 degree temps doing whatever we could find. Ant tackled taking down the Christmas lights while I raked the back yard. Now, I didn't really want to rake the yard, but it was the only thing I could think of doing besides sitting on my behind in the sun! Zoe absolutely loved hanging out outside with me. We managed to rake the entire yard - about 8 or 9 bags full (this is the only time we've raked since moving in!). Oh, and by the way, lace bark elm tree leaves are a pain in the butt to rake. They're tiny and it's impossible to get them all! Nonetheless, being able to be outside during the warm weather is awesome! Being in an apartment, all we could do was sit on the balcony and gaze at the lovely parking lot. I'm so thankful those days are over!
We also taught Zoe a new game - frisbee!! She was scared of it at first, so I had her pick it up upside down until she got the hang of it. When she picked it up, it tilted in front of her face, so it was pretty funny watching her run around without being able to see where she was going. After she got the hang of how to pick it up, we started throwing it the correct way, and she caught on very easily! She's still scared to catch it, but she'll pick it up and bring it back. I hope it warms back up soon so we can play some more!
No comments:
Post a Comment