This weekend was another busy one. I made two big batches of homemade salsa, honey-wheat bread and a batch of homemade plum jelly. My Papaw gave me a couple of jars of plum juice that my Nannie had put up and frozen (for jelly, I'm sure), so I figured it was time I tried my hand at it. Nannie always made THE BEST plum jelly there was, so I have some pretty big shoes to fill. Mine turned out pretty good, so I'm sure I'll be making more in the months to come!
I also made a very interesting batch of brownies. A coworker recently brought these brownies to work - they were not too sweet, but very thick and heavy. The secret? Black beans. You pulverize a can of black beans (juice included), mix it with a boxed brownie mix, bake and voila. Black bean brownies. You can't taste the beans, but for me, just knowing they're in there makes me not want to eat them. I guess that's a good way to stay in shape. Only make sweets you won't eat. Anthony, on the other hand, loves them. So, if you need a new not-too-terribly-bad-for-you treat, give them a shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment